In CCL, you are never alone in taking climate action. There are several ways that you can get involved from the local, state and national levels. Discover a group of supportive individuals to help you get started in taking climate action.
CCL Youth Teams
If you are looking to work with youth or students around your own age, consider joining a CCL chapter with a Youth Team. Not all chapters have a Youth Team, so you may have the opportunity to initiate a CCL Chapter Youth Team in your area. It’s important for you to know that CCL does not have stand-alone youth chapters, but welcomes youth teams that are part of chapters. See below for a list of current CCL Chapter Youth Teams.
Currently Active CCL Chapter Youth Teams
CCL National Youth Action Team
Are you looking to work with and engage other youth all across the country in order to build political will for a livable climate? Join the CCL National Youth Action Team (YAT)! The CCL National YAT focuses on supporting youth under 18 to be active, engaged, and empowered in building political will for climate solutions. We welcome young people and their adult allies to join us!
Here’s what the CCL National Youth Action Team is up to:
- Creating resources to support youth taking climate action
- Creating national networks of youth to work together to take climate action
- Training youth to lobby
- Helping start chapter youth action teams
- Providing individual and group guidance to youth on ways to get involved with CCL and to take climate action
- Providing youth opportunities to showcase their knowledge and encourage peers to take action on climate change
- Providing connections between youth to build a collaborative and supportive network
- Developing and using social media and marketing strategies to encourage and drive climate actions
The CCL National Youth Action Team holds monthly calls to discuss youth-focused or youth led climate actions and initiatives every second Wednesday of the month.